100% Chenin Blanc
A vintage where the Chenin Blanc vines prospered under ripening conditions that allowed a healthy delivery of grapes to the cellar. Grapes were harvested a month earlier than normal, thus this abnormal occurrence led to very healthy grapes and the earliers harvest in 50 years for the industry.
Yeast: Selected strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Vin 2000, NT45, NT116) Fermentation: approximately 18 days. Maceration: Skin contact limited to 5 hours Malolactic fermentation: None Maturation: 60% in stainless steel tanks on healthy fine lees whilst performing battonage lees stirring on a regular basis and the other 40% in 1-3 fill French oak barrels, for 6-9 months. Fining: Bentonite and isinglass
Alc/Vol: 13.5% TA: 6.0 Residual sugar: 1.8 g/L pH: 3.33
Vintage Competition Entered Year Accolade 2012 John Platter 2014 4 Star Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show 2014 Bronze 2013 Vitis Vinifera Awards 2014 Double Gold 2014 John Platter 2015 4 Star Vitis Vinifera Awards 2015 Gold International Wine & Spirit Competition 2015 Bronze Michelangelo International Wine Awards 2015 Grand D’Or Veritas Awards 2015 Bronze Platter’s Wine Guide 2016 4 Star