Cook time: 1h 40m
- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken’s exterior. Cut the celery into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with a beautiful glass of Bellpost wine.